Gender SpecialistLocation - Fort Portal
The Gender Specialist is a senior member of the Climate Justice program, responsible for providing overall technical leadership on gender to ensure program implementation. The results in measurement and results are gender transformative. This role requires the Specialist to ensure that program approaches are gender transformative, and that program staff, partners and consultants are properly trained, oriented, and empowered to ensure program delivery approaches are gender transformative. It requires the Specialist to prioritize research and learning to constantly inform and influence the program to be more gender transformative. The Specialist is responsible for strategic engagement, partnerships and coordination with program partners and relevant stakeholders, including government entities and civil society. The Specialist will ensure that the results framework and results measurement for the Climate Justice Program is gender transformative. The Specialist will provide technical assistance throughout implementation to ensure a gender intentional plan
Procedure for applying
Candidates interested in the above job should submit an updated CV and Application letter. Also, please provide a daytime telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work-related referees. All information is sent via CARE’s recruitment email: (email@example.com), indicating Gender Specialist in the email subject. The deadline for submitting applications is 22nd May 2022. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150.
CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, GENDER-SENSITIVE EMPLOYER; IT IS ALSO CORRUPTION, SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE INTOLERANT. Please Note that CARE International in Uganda does not ask applicants to pay for recruitment.
Kindly note that effective 1st January 2022, CARE International requires all staff to be fully vaccinated with COVID 19 to access any CARE office premises.
N.B: Refer to the job description below for more details about the job.
Roles and Responsibility
The main roles and responsibilities include:
- Technical Leadership on Gender Policy, Strategy, Analysis, Advocacy and GBV Mainstreaming in the Program (30% of the time)
- Strategic Engagements, Partnerships & Coordination of Gender Activities (20%)
- Organisational and Programmatic Gender Capacity Building (20% of the time)
- Mainstream Gender in Learning and Impact measurement (20% of the time)
- Promote Gender Equity and Diversity and Safeguarding Practices (5%)
- Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%)
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s degree holder in fields of Gender and Women Studies, Development, Political Science, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field is a MUST
- Over 7 years of experience leading Gender programming in an organisation similar to CARE.
- Experience and/or knowledge of the Environment and Natural Resources Sector as well as the Climate Change Landscape is a MUST
- Strong writing, research and analytical skills.
- Strong organisational, advocacy, internal and external engagement skills.
- Substantial experience and knowledge of gender transformative approaches, gender mainstreaming / integration, GBV prevention, response and mitigation as well as protection and advocacy processes.
- Proven knowledge, skills and hands on experience in especially gender capacity building is essential
- Excellent facilitation, communication, partnership and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of government structures and policies at local and national level (particularly within the field of gender, finance, natural resources, sexual and reproductive health, conflict resolution and emergency response)
- Knowledge of Economic strengthening and financial inclusion of Women Economic Empowerment groups
Click the button below to download the Job Specification Sheet to view more details and to apply.