- July 25, 2022
- Posted by: WebAdmin
Job Title: Graduate Trainee – Grants and Compliance
Location: Kampala with travel to field offices
Reports to: Head of Grants and Compliance
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to defending the dignity of people. CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty, and achieve social justice. We seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome, and all people live with dignity and security. We put women and girls at the Centre of our work because we know we cannot overcome poverty until everyone has equal rights and opportunities. CARE has been working in Uganda for over 50 years. We aim to reach 2 million people through lifesaving and gender transformative programs for the next five years (2021 to 2025).
CARE International in Uganda has an amazing one-year opportunity for a passionate, highly motivated recent university graduate to work as a Graduate Trainee in Human Resource Management. As a Graduate Trainee, you will be able to develop practical skills by working alongside CARE International employees. As this is a learning opportunity, CARE will contribute a monthly stipend, including medical insurance for the contract period. The Graduate Trainee will undergo coaching and mentoring and be equipped with skills for market readiness and improving their employability.
Therefore, CARE International in Uganda seeks to recruit a highly motivated and qualified professional to fill the above position:
- Develop a personal learning and development plan.
- Initiate regular coaching and mentorship to address learning needs.
- Assist the Grants and Compliance Department in recording meeting minutes and tracking follow-up actions.
- Provide day-to-day support to the team in communication with CARE sub-grantees.
- Support and maintain an updated filing system and database of sub-grantees.
- Coordinate and support grant administrative tasks, including timely report reviews, payments, award modifications etc.
- In collaboration with the Grants Coordinators, track expenditure against budgets and deliverables against agreements/ contracts.
- Ensure compliance with Uganda Revenue Authority regulations, Donor regulations and award requirements.
- Develop one project around an area of interest in grants management and compliance.
- Perform any other duties as may be directed by the supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance/ accounting/ commerce attained in the last three years.
- Intermediate/ advanced knowledge of MS Excel, good knowledge of Uganda regulatory guidelines and compliance requirements,
- Ability to communicate with a high level of cross-cultural sensitivity, good analytical and decision-making skills, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail, high drive to learn, ability to demonstrate professionalism and flexibility.
- Must be a recent graduate below 30 years, who graduated over the past 1-3 years from a reputable university.
- Post-graduates below 30 years will also be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send an updated CV, Application letter and copy of the transcript, including telephone contact and name and email addresses of 3 (three) referees, to email@example.com indicating in the email subject: Graduate Trainee – Grants and Compliance. The deadline for submitting CVs is 1st August 2022. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150.
CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, GENDER-SENSITIVE EMPLOYER; IT’S ALSO CORRUPTION, SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE INTOLERANT.
Please Note that CARE International in Uganda does not ask applicants to pay for recruitment.
Kindly note that effective 1st January 2022, CARE International requires all staff to be fully vaccinated with COVID 19 to access any CARE office premises.