- July 25, 2022
- Posted by: WebAdmin
Job Title: Graduate Trainee – Gender Justice
Reports to: Initiative Manager
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to defending the dignity of people. CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty, and achieve social justice. We seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome, and all people live with dignity and security. We put women and girls at the Centre of our work because we know we cannot overcome poverty until everyone has equal rights and opportunities. CARE has been working in Uganda for over 50 years. We aim to reach 2 million people through lifesaving and gender transformative programs for the next five years (2021 to 2025).
CARE International in Uganda has an amazing one-year opportunity for a passionate, highly motivated recent university graduate to work as a Graduate Trainee under our Gender Justice Program. As a Graduate Trainee, you will be able to develop practical skills by working alongside CARE International employees. As this is a learning opportunity, CARE will contribute a monthly stipend, including medical insurance for the contract period. The Graduate Trainee will undergo coaching and mentoring and be equipped with skills for market readiness and improving their employability.
Therefore, CARE International in Uganda seeks to recruit a highly motivated and qualified professional to fill the above position:
- Develop a personal learning and development plan.
- Initiate regular coaching and mentorship to address learning needs.
- Utilize social media and relevant communication tools for advocacy.
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning team to package and brand CARE work in gender and justice.
- Participate in developing new concepts to prevent gender-based violence (GBV).
- Participate in advocating for the rights of marginalized girls and women.
- Identify and develop one project around an area of interest in gender justice.
- Participate in field visits to collect evidence and develop stories of change.
- Develop reports and documents as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Communication, Gender studies, Humanitarian and Peace Studies, International Relations, Community Development or any other related field attained in the last five years.
- Strong writing and communication skills, willingness to learn and work in a team, passion for gender, excellent organizational skills, and multi-cultural awareness are required.
- Must be a recent graduate below 30 years, who graduated over the past 1-3 years from a reputable university.
- Post-graduates below 30 years will also be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send an updated CV, Application letter and copy of the transcript, including telephone contact and name and email addresses of 3 (three) referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the email subject: Graduate Trainee – Gender Justice. The deadline for submitting CVs is 1st August 2022. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150
CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, GENDER-SENSITIVE EMPLOYER; IT’S ALSO CORRUPTION, SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE INTOLERANT.
Please Note that CARE International in Uganda does not ask applicants to pay for recruitment.
Kindly note that effective 1st January 2022, CARE International requires all staff to be fully vaccinated with COVID 19 to access any CARE office premises.