- July 25, 2022
- Posted by: WebAdmin
Job Title: Graduate Trainee – Finance
Location: Kampala with travel to field offices
Reports to: Accountant
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to defending the dignity of people. CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty, and achieve social justice. We seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome, and all people live with dignity and security. We put women and girls at the Centre of our work because we know we cannot overcome poverty until everyone has equal rights and opportunities. CARE has been working in Uganda for over 50 years. We aim to reach 2 million people through lifesaving and gender transformative programs for the next five years (2021 to 2025).
CARE International in Uganda has an amazing one-year opportunity for a passionate, highly motivated recent university graduate to work as a Graduate Trainee in Finance and Accounting. As a Graduate Trainee, you will be able to develop practical skills by working alongside CARE International employees. As this is a learning opportunity, CARE will contribute a monthly stipend, including medical insurance for the contract period. Outstanding performers from the Graduate Trainee Program will be able to apply for and compete for any job openings in CARE that match their skills.
Therefore, CARE International in Uganda seeks to recruit a highly motivated and qualified professional to fill the above position:
- Participate in learning and development by undergoing coaching and mentoring
- Maintain a proper filing system of all finance documents ensuring records are reliable and easily retrievable.
- Retrieving documents from the archive/People Soft for audit and special requests and recording the transactions on the Document Movement Register.
- Ensuring the prompt re-archiving of documents after completing an audit and special requests and updating the Document Movement Register.
- Review payment requests and ensure they are well supported according to CARE policies.
- Initiate payments for beneficiaries through the mobile money payment platform.
- Initiate payments in the online bank platform and support document upload on TEAMS.
- Carry out the bank and other relevant reconciliation.
- Identify and document one innovative project to improve CARE internal systems.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Bachelors in Accounting, Commerce or any related field attained in the past three years.
- Passion for gender equality, Integrity and Trust, Learning agility (fast learner), Creative and innovation, Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity, and Good communication and negotiating skills.
- Must be a recent graduate below 30 years, who graduated over the past 1-3 years from a reputable university.
- Post-graduates below 30 years will also be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send an updated CV, Application letter and copy of the transcript, including telephone contact and name and email addresses of 3 (three) referees, to email@example.com indicating in the email subject: Graduate Trainee – Finance. The deadline for submitting CVs is 1st August 2022. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150
CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, GENDER-SENSITIVE EMPLOYER; IT’S ALSO CORRUPTION, SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE INTOLERANT.
Please Note that CARE International in Uganda does not ask applicants to pay for recruitment.
Kindly note that effective 1st January 2022, CARE International requires all staff to be fully vaccinated with COVID 19 to access any CARE office premises.