- July 25, 2022
- Posted by: WebAdmin
Job Title: Graduate Trainee – Communications
Location: Gulu & Fort Portal
Reports to: Communications Coordinator
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to defending the dignity of people. CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty, and achieve social justice. We seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome, and all people live with dignity and security. We put women and girls at the Centre of our work because we know we cannot overcome poverty until everyone has equal rights and opportunities. CARE has been working in Uganda for over 50 years. We aim to reach 2 million people through lifesaving and gender transformative programs for the next five years (2021 to 2025).
CARE International in Uganda has an amazing one-year opportunity for a passionate, highly motivated recent university graduates to work as a Graduate Trainees in the Communications unit. As Graduate Trainees, you will be able to develop practical skills by working alongside CARE International employees. As this is a learning opportunity, CARE will contribute a monthly stipend, including medical insurance for the contract period. The Graduate Trainees will undergo coaching and mentoring and be equipped with skills for market readiness and improving their employability.
Therefore, CARE International in Uganda seeks to recruit two highly motivated and qualified professionals to fill the above positions:
- Develop a personal learning and development plan.
- initiate regular coaching and mentorship to address learning needs
- Participate in organizing events and meetings to collect photographic evidence and content for articles and stories.
- Write out stories, articles and content for social media and scripts for audio-visual products.
- Update content on CARE’s website and social media platforms with guidance from the supervisor.
- Support the design of high-quality communication materials and publications such as newsletters, posters, and infographics.
- Support for taking photos and maintaining a database of video and Photo content.
- Support teams in storytelling and content creation across different programme areas.
- Prepare media clippings on issues related to CARE’s programme areas documented/filed and channelled to the relevant programme area.
- Identify and implement one project idea for personal learning and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Media Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, and related programs, attained in the last five years.
- Excellent storyteller and dynamic personality, excellent writing skills, photography and social media skills, fast learner and passionate about communication, gender awareness and multicultural sensitivity, flexibility to support various teams.
- Must be a recent graduate below 30 years, who graduated over the past 1-3 years from a reputable university.
- Post-graduates below 30 years will also be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send an updated CV, Application letter and copy of the transcript, including telephone contact and name and email addresses of 3 (three) referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the email subject: Graduate Trainee – Communications. The deadline for submitting CVs is 1st August 2022. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150
CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, GENDER-SENSITIVE EMPLOYER; IT’S ALSO CORRUPTION, SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE INTOLERANT.
Please Note that CARE International in Uganda does not ask applicants to pay for recruitment.
Kindly note that effective 1st January 2022, CARE International requires all staff to be fully vaccinated with COVID 19 to access any CARE office premises.