Women Economic Empowerment SpecialistThe deadline for submitting applications is 31st December 2021. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150.
As a member of the senior program team of WAYREP, the Women Economic Empowerment (WEE)Specialist is responsible for providing technical support and leadership to the project.
The focus will be on women economic and social inclusion, Enterprise development, Agribusiness, and private sector development. She will lead the strengthening of value chain
development, inclusive marketing, agro-processing, and value addition among Y/VSLAs for self-reliance.
Candidates interested in the above job should submit an updated CV and Application letter. Also, please provide a daytime telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work-related referees. All information is sent via CARE’s recruitment email: (email@example.com) indicating Women Economic Empowerment Specialist in the email subject. The deadline for submitting applications is 31st December 2021. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150
CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, GENDER-SENSITIVE EMPLOYER; IT IS ALSO CORRUPTION, SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE INTOLERANT. Please Note that CARE International in Uganda does not ask applicants to pay for recruitment.
Kindly note that effective 1st January 2022, CARE International will require all its staff to be fully vaccinated with COVID 19 to access any CARE office premises.
N.B: Refer to the job description below for more details about the job.
The Women Economic Empowerment Specialist is responsible for:
- Provide technical support in enterprise and market systems development (30%)
- Provide technical capacity building to partners, project structures, and Y/VSLAs in enterprise development and management (20%)
- Provide technical leadership in rolling out of MPCT, VSLA, and vocational skills training program in Gulu city (15%)
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (15%)
- Networking and Partnership Management (10%)
- Promote Gender Equity and Diversity & Safeguarding Practices all the time (5%)
- Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agribusiness, or Rural development. A post graduate Diploma or Masters in this field is a Must.
- At least 5 years practical experience working with Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) providing either business development services, training and/or technical assistance.
- Experience in managing market-led value chain development and market systems development.
- Very good knowledge of enterprise business development policies, procedures including a range of business support services such as financing, sales, marketing, etc.
- Very good professional experience in market systems development and facilitation, facilitating stakeholders’ engagement, assessment of incentives and capacities, and specifically private sector involvement.
- Demonstrated experience in value addition and market access at processor and household levels.
- Demonstrated experience on Women, Social and Economic Empowerment.
Click the button below to download the Job Specification Sheet to view more details and to apply.