Women Economic Empowerment Coordinator – 2 PositionsStaff 1. Imvepi Refugee Settlement – Terego District
Staff 2. Kyangwali Refugee settlement- Kikuube district
As a member of the APEAL Consortium, the WEE coordinator is responsible for providing technical support and coordination for the economic strengthening component of the project. The focus will be on women’s economic and social inclusion, Enterprise development, Agribusiness, referral, and private sector development. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that the WEE target beneficiaries benefit from other ECHO funded consortia and keep track of which services have been shared across the different consortia. This role requires a dynamic person who can make quick adaptations to the program based on the identified needs.
Procedure for applying
Candidates interested in the above job should submit an updated CV and Application letter. Also, please provide a daytime telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work-related referees. All information is sent via CARE’s recruitment email:(firstname.lastname@example.org), indicating the WEE Coordinator and the preferred location in the email subject. The deadline for submitting applications is 17th April 2022. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150
CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, GENDER-SENSITIVE EMPLOYER; IT IS ALSO CORRUPTION, SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE INTOLERANT. Please Note that CARE International in Uganda does not ask applicants to pay for recruitment.
Kindly note that effective 1st January 2022, CARE International will require all its staff to be fully vaccinated with COVID 19 to access any CARE office premises.
N.B: Refer to the job description below for more details about the job.
Roles and Responsibility
This role involves supporting a local partner and the job holder will need to ensure that they adhere to the principles of partnerships as stipulated in the charter for change and CARE partnership paper:
- APEAL Livelihood referral activities planning and Implementation: (20%).
- Provide Technical Support, Question & Answer to National/Local partners on Livelihoods/ WEE/RMMB/WLiE (20%).
- Livelihoods hands-on support (Questions & Answers) to National/local partners on livelihoods referral work (20%)
- Monitoring, learning, documentation, and project reporting (20%)
- : Partnerships, Networking and Technical representation at field/settlement and national Technical Working Groups (TWGs) as requested (10%)
- Promote Gender Equity and Diversity & Safeguarding Practices all the time (5%)
- Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%)
Qualifications and Experience
The manager will have a suitable combination of experience and relevant training in the following technical and programmatic requirements for the post:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agribusiness, or Rural development or relevant field. Relevant Post Graduate diploma is a MUST
- At least 3 years practical experience working with Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) providing either business development services, training and/or technical assistance.
- Experience in managing market-led value chain development and market systems development.
- Very good knowledge of enterprise business development policies, procedures including a range of business support services such as financing, sales, marketing, etc.
- Very good professional experience in market systems development and facilitation, facilitating stakeholders’ engagement, assessment of incentives and capacities, and specifically private sector involvement.
- Demonstrated experience in value addition and market access at processor and household levels.
- Demonstrated experience on Women, Social and Economic Empowerment.
- A good knowledge of local, national, and international marketing issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication, and writing skills.
- Strong commitment to Gender Equity and Diversity (GED).
- Knowledge of protection and GBV in emergencies.
Click the button below to download the Job Specification Sheet to view more details and to apply.