Research and Evaluation AdvisorLocation - Kampala
The Research & Evaluation Advisor is responsible for functionality and quality implementation of MEAL function of the program. The Advisor is responsible for aligning program MEAL frameworks to Country Office Theory of Change and CARE global strategic MEAL frameworks. The Advisor is responsible for establishing, managing, and ensuring effective utilisation of the MEAL system by program staff and partners. This includes developing relevant and feasible MEAL tools and processes, building capacity of staff and partners to use these tools and processes, and providing ongoing technical support and accompaniment required for this to happen. The Advisor will ensure that Program Quality and Learning (PQL) is prioritized throughout the program cycle. This includes ensuring that CARE’s quality markers are embedded at across program design, implementation and clos-out stages and progress is measured and reported regularly. S/he will ensure that research and evaluations are rigorous in generating new knowledge and credible evidence and that learning leads to adaptation and innovations.
Procedure for applying
Candidates interested in the above job should submit an updated CV and Application letter. Also, please provide a daytime telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work-related referees. All information is sent via CARE’s recruitment email:(firstname.lastname@example.org), indicating Research and Evaluation Advisor in the email subject. The deadline for submitting applications is 31st May 2022. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150.
CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, GENDER-SENSITIVE EMPLOYER; IT IS ALSO CORRUPTION, SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE INTOLERANT. Please Note that CARE International in Uganda does not ask applicants to pay for recruitment.
Kindly note that effective 1st January 2022, CARE International requires all staff to be fully vaccinated with COVID 19 to access any CARE office premises.
N.B: Refer to the job description below for more details about the job.
Roles and Responsibility
The main roles and responsibilities include:
- Establish and Maintain a robust MEAL System (10%)
- Program QUALITY and LEARNING (30%)
- Research, Evaluation and Knowledge Management (30%)
- Team Leadership and Capacity Building for Staff and Partners (10%)
- Contribution to Program Development (10%)
- Promote Gender Equity and Diversity & Safeguarding Practices (5%)
- Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%)
Qualifications and Experience
- A Masters in Research, Monitoring & Evaluation or relevant field of study from a reputable university. Equivalent post-graduate studies will be considered.
- A Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience with reputable organisations in similar roles
- Skills in using quantitative data Analysis software like SPSS or STATA or Excel
- Experience in gender transformative approaches, including specific experience in working with and empowering women and girls in emergency or conflict or disaster settings.
- Experience in networking and strategic relationships management and engagements.
- Conceptual abilities, strategic thinking and analytical writing skills and knowledge.
- Good communication, presentation, public speaking, discussion and negotiation skills.
- Good research, learning, evidence-generation, policy debate and advocacy skills.
- Organizing skills and capacity to multi-task in rapidly changing & fast-paced environments;
- Knowledge of and demonstrated personal commitment to relevant organizational codes of conduct for emergencies, including anti-fraud and anti-corruption, safeguarding etc.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills and proven experience influencing others without necessarily directly managing them;
Click the button below to download the Job Specification Sheet to view more details and to apply.