Program Manager – LivelihoodsThe deadline for submitting CVs is 5th September 2021. For any questions,
please call our office on 0312258100/150.
The Program Manager (PM) provides overall leadership for the Livelihoods Program. The PM is responsible for defining the program’s strategic direction, securing funding for the program, ensuring effective program delivery, budget, and grants management. The PM is responsible for program quality and learning (PQL) oversight as well as strategic engagement, networking, and partnerships to grow the visibility and influence of the Livelihoods program. The PM is responsible for team leadership and people management to ensure the program is adequately resourced with competent, motivated, and high performing teams. The PM ensures that CARE’s Livelihoods program strategy is robust, contextually relevant. Program models and approaches protect and empower women and girls, delivering high-quality results with good value for money (VfM). If you are passionate about gender equality, you are the person we are looking for.
The Program Manager (PM) provides overall leadership for the Livelihoods Program.
- Program STRATEGY & Business DEVELOPMENT (20%)
- Program DELIVERY Oversight (20%)
- Program QUALITY Assurance and LEARNING (20%)
- Strategic ENGAGEMENT and INFLUENCE (15%)
- Team LEADERSHIP and People MANAGEMENT (15%)
- Promote Gender Equity & Diversity and Safeguarding Practices (5%)
- Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%)
- Master degree from a reputable institution in Economics, Agriculture, Business, Social Sciences, Development Studies or related field of study.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional working experience with reputable international organisations managing similar programs with similar complexity and context.
- Professional experience in food and nutrition security, agribusiness value chains, private sector engagement, financial inclusion and youth employment models.
- Extensive experience in gender transformative approaches including specific experience in working with and empowering women and girls in development and emergency context
- Experience in developing financial inclusion, food security, agribusiness value chains, private sector engagement, and youth employment strategies, approaches and models.
- Experience in livelihoods program design, proposal writing and resource mobilisation.
Click the button below to download the Job Specification Sheet to view more details and to apply.