Initiative Manager – WAYREP
The Initiative Manager(IM) will be responsible for managing the Women and Youth Resilience Project (WAYREP). WAYREP is a project funded from a five-year (2019 – 2024) strategic partnership of CARE Austria with the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) and implemented by CARE International in Uganda with local implementing partners. WAYREP is implemented in Arua and Gulu cities as well as Rhino Camp Refuge Settlement – Omugo Extension in Madi-Okollo District serving both host communities and South Sudanese Refugees. WAYREP delivers an integrated package of interventions combining evidence based models (Role Model Men and Boys, GBV prevention and response, VSLAs, SASA, Multi-Purpose Cash Transfers and apprenticeship among others) with innovations directed to reduce urban poverty and urban GBV, working on a nexus that brings durable solutions to protracted displacement.
The Initiative Manager will facilitate an integrated participatory approach in project management, supervision, coordination, planning and implementation among CARE staff and implementing partners, across the various locations of operation with a focus on cross-learning, accountability and monitoring integration aspects. S/he will oversee all project management, administration, and procurement, financial and human resource management according to CARE and donor rules and regulations. S/he will ensure effective implementation of the project visibility and communication plan. S/he will communicate regularly, work and collaborate with CARE Austria (CAUT) – the CARE Member Partner (CMP) holding the donor contract in regard to progress, challenges, program quality, technical input and learning. S/he will also help facilitate the integration of the project with CARE’s longer-term and humanitarian programming. The IM will act as CARE’s primary representative for the project in local, national and international fora.
Candidates who are interested in the above job should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a day time telephone contact and names, telephone contacts and email addresses of
3 (three) work related referees only through our recruitment email:(firstname.lastname@example.org) clearly indicating Initiative Manager-WAYREP in the email subject. The deadline for submitting CVs is 9th April, 2021. For any questions please call our office on 0312258100/150.
CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, GENDER SENSITIVE, CORRUPTION, SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE INTOLERANT EMPLOYER. Please Note that CARE International in Uganda does not ask any applicant payment for any recruitment process
N.B: Refer to the Job description below for more details
The Initiative Manager-WAYREP is responsible for:
- Project Management (30%)
- Project Quality and Learning (20%)
- Operational, Human, Financial and Administrative Management (15%)
- Planning and Coordination (15%)
- Coordination with authorities and actors (10%)
- Promote Gender Equity & Diversity, and Safeguarding Practices (5%)
- Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%)
- BA in gender/women studies, social sciences, social work, development studies, economics or related field
- At least 5 years proven management experience of complex projects, of which a minimum of three years should be as Project Manager and leading or managing a team of implementing partners;
- At least three-year experience with gender advocacy strategies and action at local and national levels
- A minimum of three-years’ experience with humanitarian, protection and gender based violence programming is required;
- Solid understanding of livelihoods and women economic empowerment especially through VSLAs and income generation, apprenticeship and skills development.
- Commitment to gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls demonstrated by personal action;
- Demonstrated capacity to lead professional teams for success;
- Timely decision making, building effective teams, problem solving, functional/ technical skills, strategic agility and cross-cultural sensitivity
Click the button below to download the Job Specification Sheet and to view more details and to apply.