Initiative Manager – Renewable Energy Specialist
The Initiative Manager/Renewable Energy Specialist provides overall leadership on delivery of the two projects, and the growth of the energy portfolio of CARE. The Initiative Manager/Renewable Energy Specialist is responsible for providing strategic direction, project management oversight, as well as technical guidance and leadership on program quality and learning (PQL). The Initiative Manager /Renewable Energy Specialist is responsible for partnership management, strategic engagement of stakeholders, capacity building of partners and beneficiaries, technical guidance during design of renewable energy projects, networking and advocacy in relation to renewable energy, as well as linkage with staff working on related projects within the Climate Justice portfolio. The Initiative Manager/Renewable Energy Specialist will ensure that renewable energy interventions are gender transformative and achieve the best value for money.
Candidates who are interested in the above job should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a day time telephone contact and names, telephone contacts and email addresses of 3 (three) work related referees only through our recruitment email: (email@example.com) clearly indicating Initiative Manager/Renewable Energy Specialist in the email subject. The deadline for submitting CVs is 26th March, 2021. For any questions please call our office on 0312258100/150.
CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, GENDER SENSITIVE, CORRUPTION, SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE INTOLERANT EMPLOYER. Please Note that CARE International in Uganda does not ask any applicant payment for any recruitment process
The Initiative Manager/Renewable Energy Specialist is responsible for:
- Project MANAGEMENT Oversight (40%)
- Program QUALITY and LEARNING (PQL) (25%)
- Strategic ENGAGEMENT and NETWORKING (SEN) (15%)
- Support to Business Development (10%)
- Promote Gender Equity and Diversity and Safeguarding Practices (5%)
- Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%)
- A Master’s degree in Natural Resources related field of study from reputable institution. Training in a relevant Energy discipline is “a MUST”.
- At least 7 years of experience in management of innovative energy projects
- Demonstrated experience of successful private engagement especially within the energy sector
- A good understanding of the energy sector within Uganda and beyond
- Demonstrated experience in design of, proposal writing, and resource mobilisation for energy projects
- Experience in research/evidence-generation, and using for advocacy and for influencing policy debates
- Good conceptual abilities, strategic thinking and analytical writing kills
Click the button below to download the Job Specification Sheet to view more details and to apply.