Field Manager – Imvepi Refugee Settlement (Terego)The deadline for submitting applications is 17th April 2022. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150
The Field Manager (FM) will be responsible for the overall coordination of CARE Interventions in Imvepi. The role includes coordination of Consortium partner’s activities around operation. S/he will be responsible for and facilitate an integrated participatory approach in project management, supervision, coordination, planning, and implementation within CARE and among consortium partners in Imvepi, focusing on cross-learning and harmonization of common activities. According to CARE and donor rules and regulations, S/he will oversee all project management, administration, procurement, financial and human resource management as required. S/he will ensure effective implementation of the project’s visibility and communication plan. S/he will also help facilitate the integration and alignment of the project(s) with CARE’s longer-term and humanitarian programming.
Procedure for applying
Candidates interested in the above job should submit an updated CV and Application letter. Also, please provide a daytime telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work-related referees. All information is sent via CARE’s recruitment email:(firstname.lastname@example.org), indicating Field Manager in the email subject. The deadline for submitting applications is 17th April 2022. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150.
CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, GENDER-SENSITIVE EMPLOYER; IT IS ALSO CORRUPTION, SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE INTOLERANT. Please Note that CARE International in Uganda does not ask applicants to pay for recruitment.
Kindly note that effective 1st January 2022, CARE International will require all its staff to be fully vaccinated with COVID 19 to access any CARE office premises.
N.B: Refer to the job description below for more details about the job.
Roles and Responsibility
This position will report to the Consortium Manager, as well work closely with the emergency response field staff, the Program Manager for Emergencies, and other CARE Uganda programs:
- APEAL Project Management (20%)
- Team Leadership/People Management as per CARE HR policies (15%)
- Technical leadership in Gender/GBV/SRHR (15%)
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and Reporting for
- Field Coordination and Representation (20%)
- : Human Resources Management (5%)
- Promote Gender Equity and Diversity and Safeguarding Practices (5%)
- : Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%)
Qualifications and Experience
The manager will have a suitable combination of experience and relevant training in the following technical and programmatic requirements for the post:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in management, development or humanitarian studies, or related field.
- Master’s degree or a [post graduate diploma is a MUST.
- Experience with refugee protection and gender-based violence programs required.
- Advanced knowledge and at least 5 years of proven practical complex humanitarian programs management experience including strong skills and experience in M&E, report writing,
participatory planning, financial management, Human Resource Management.
- People manager with proven experience managing diverse teams and individuals’ performance for success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Computer literate (email, word processing, spreadsheets,).
- Personally committed to gender equality and women and girls’ empowerment with ability to lead to organizational change processes that aim at making organizations more gender aware, gender committed and gender competent.
Click the button below to download the Job Specification Sheet to view more details and to apply.