Conducting A Skills Audit, Job Analysis & Evaluation, & Job ProfilingInterested Individuals/firms are requested to submit their application not later than 30th December 2021
CARE International in Uganda recently approved and embarked on the implementation of its 5 YEAR Business plan. In this plan, CARE has specified critical milestones for the various programs and business units that we plan to realise by 2025.
The CARE Uganda programs ranging from Climate and Gender Justice to the various Livelihoods and humanitarian interventions require a workforce with the right skills, knowledge, abilities, and clear responsibilities for successful job performance. We can only achieve this if we can carry out an inventory of what we have vs what we need in terms of the right skill sets and job profiles. We have committed to performing with excellence in the BP through a highly professional, gender-balanced and diverse team, a lean structure, more local ownership, and transformational leadership. Therefore, to achieve these set goals within the BP and the CARE Vision 2030, CARE International in Uganda must ensure that the Human resource enablers on the Organisational Development side have a strong foundation upon which they are built. The most important is the skills ‘ENTRY’ level of staff and the action we take to either consolidate, improve, or grow individual staff skills.
To do all this, we need to properly carry out a skills Audit to map out the skills we have internally and the skills we do not have vs what we need to close the gap. In addition to this, we will carry out a proper Job analysis and evaluation to ensure these skills sets have the right job profiles and are on the correct pay scale within the organisation.
Interested Individuals/firms are requested to submit their application not later than 30th December 2021, in a sealed envelope to the attention of the Procurement department, with the mention “CONDUCTING A SKILLS AUDIT, JOB ANALYSIS & EVALUATION Plus JOB PROFILING” or by email to: UGA.Procurement@care.org For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150.
CARE INTERNATIONAL HAS ZERO TOLERANCE TO FRAUD, CORRUPTION AND SEXUAL HARRASSEMENT, EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE. BEING FOUND OR PROVEN GUILTY OF PRACTICING SUCH WRONGFUL CONDUCTS WILL LEAD TO DISMISSAL AND POSSIBLE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION UNDER RELEVANT LAWS.
Please Note that CARE International in Uganda does not ask applicants to pay money for recruitment.
N.B: Refer to the job description below for more details about the job.
Objectives/Purpose of Assignment
Building on the Job analysis and Job evaluation work done in 2010 and 2011, the objectives of the assignment will include :
- To Carry out a skills Audit within the country office to precisely determine the skills needed, the skills of each employee, gaps and the development needs thereof.
- To conduct a Job analysis and Job evaluation processes, ensure proper profiling , and placement on the functional and salary scale.
- To support HR with defining the right ‘Employee value proposition’ for CARE Uganda.
Scope of the assignment
This process will be implemented for both programs and program support functions/Jobs at the various categories. The process will also look at the A-Z of human resource planning to streamline and standardise processes. The tasks include the following:
- A skills Audit with clear deliverables, as mentioned above, will be crucial to enable CARE to take stock of what skills we have internally against what is required and the recommended development plans.
- The consultants will be expected to implement the job analysis steps right from Organisational Analysis to the last stage of developing job descriptions, specifications and Job profiles for the various job categories and functions.
- The consultant will facilitate the job evaluation process, right from selecting the job evaluation method to the last stage of job ranking, so there is a clear outline for career progression.
- Write a report at every significant stage of completion
Click the button below to download the Job Specification Sheet to view more details and to apply.