Business Development ManagerThe deadline for submitting applications is 14th November 2021. For any questions,
please call our office on 0312258100/150.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) leads the resource mobilization (RM) alignment to strategy work as well as annual planning. The BDM also identifies and tracks fundraising opportunities, facilitates donor engagement, coordinates proposal development and writes proposals. The BDM also identifies and nurtures partnership opportunities to maximize collective impact for CARE programs. In addition, the BDM oversees the implementation of fundraising protocols to include: proposal development guidelines, knowledge management tools, reporting progress against fundraising plan, etc. The BDM works with a diverse group of individuals and teams, both In Uganda and abroad, that they don’t directly supervise.
Candidates who are interested in the above job should submit an updated CV and Application letter. Also, please provide a daytime telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work-related referees. All information to be sent via CARE’s recruitment email:(firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating Business Development Manager in the email subject. The deadline for submitting applications is 14th November 2021. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150.
CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, GENDER-SENSITIVE EMPLOYER; IT’S ALSO CORRUPTION, SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE INTOLERANT. Please Note that CARE International in Uganda does not ask applicants to pay money for recruitment.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) leads resource mobilization aligned with CARE’s vision 2030, country business plan and program choices.
- Strategic Positioning & Annual Planning for Business Development (20%)
- Funding intelligence and preparedness (identify and track funding opportunities with new and existing donors: (20%)
- Proposal Coordination and Proposal Writing: (50%)
- Promote Gender Equity & Diversity and Safeguarding Practices (5%).
- Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%)
- Post Graduate training e.g., Master’s degree in Business Management, Economics, Public Administration, Political Science, Social Sciences, etc) from a recognized university.
- Technical training in any of the field related to Care program priorities (Livelihoods, Climate Justice, Gender Justice and Humanitarian Action) is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role or senior management role with similar responsibilities. Candidates should articulate their achievements or contributions.
- Current knowledge of the strategic priorities and programs of Government as well as that of development partners.
- Hands on experience with logic models in development programs (theories of change, logical frameworks, results frameworks).
- Analytical skills, with practical experience in data-based decision-making. The ability to understand and use analytical models and indicators is essential e.g., root-cause/problem tree analyses, cost-benefit analysis, risk analysis, chances for success, etc
- To view more, click the button to download full job specification
Click the button below to download the Job Specification Sheet to view more details and to apply.