The Agribusiness Coordinator is responsible for direct implementation of the “She Feeds the World (SFTW) Uganda project”, a 4-year project funded by the PepsiCo Foundation and implemented by CARE International in Uganda with local implementing partners. The SFTW project is implemented in Kyenjojo and Kyegegwa districts in southwestern Uganda and ends in June 2022. The main goal of the project is to increase food security and build resilience and incomes for vulnerable women and girls. The Agribusiness Coordinator will specifically lead implementing partners in planning and direct implementation of key project activities and ensure deliverables are achieved as per project documents. The coordinator is also responsible for the day-to-day engagement of partner staff, the grants team, district-level authorities, and locally-based district partners and INGOs to ensure specific focus to the project core areas of implementation. The coordinator will also provide guidance and oversight to implementing partners and ensure compliance with specific donor rules and regulations, management of assets assigned to the initiatives, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting. This position will report to the Senior Initiative Manager. The Coordinator will also keep in contact and coordinate with key strategic partners and as well ensure information sharing and collaboration with the partners. S/he will engage targeted communities in more sustainable ways of farming as a business, Market access through collective marketing, promote investment into women small-scale producers and give them access to the resources, support, information, and confidence they need to invest in their farms, businesses, families, and communities.
Candidates who are interested in the above job should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a day time telephone contact and names, telephone contacts and email addresses of 3 (three) work related referees only through our recruitment email:(email@example.com) clearly indicating Agribusiness Coordinator in the email subject. The deadline for
submitting CVs is 25th June, 2021. For any questions please call our office on 0312258100/150.
CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, GENDER SENSITIVE, CORRUPTION, SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE INTOLERANT EMPLOYER. Please Note that CARE International in Uganda does not ask any applicant payment for any recruitment process
N.B: Refer to the Job description below for more details
The Agribusiness Coordinator- Agricultural Production and Market Access Specialist is responsible for:
- Technical implementation of the project (50% of time)
- Lead field based Monitoring, Evaluation, and Accountability of the project (20%)
- Management & capacity building of implementing partners (10%)
- Quality assurance and development of gender, youth and conflict sensitive interventions (10%)
- Promote Gender Equity and Diversity and Safeguarding Practices (5%)
- Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, or related field
- Relevant Post Graduate diploma is ‘desired’
- At least 5 years of practical experience in Agricultural related programming;
- At least three years of experience in the core fields of the project i.e Agricultural production, Famer Field Business school model, financial inclusion (VSLAs and bank linkages), market engagement and value chain approaches.
- Ability to manage partners and ensure high performance and achievement of key deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Computer literate (email, word processing, spreadsheets,)
- Personally committed to gender equality and women and girls’ empowerment with ability to lead to organizational change processes that aim at making organizations more gender aware, gender committed and gender competent.
- Both a team player as well as able to work independently with minimum supervision.
Click the button below to download the Job Specification Sheet to view more details and to apply.