- July 25, 2022
- Posted by: WebAdmin
Job Title: Graduate Trainee – Livelihoods
Location: Kotido with frequent travels to Kampala
Reports to: Initiative Manager-DINU
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to defending the dignity of people. CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty, and achieve social justice. We seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome, and all people live with dignity and security. We put women and girls at the Centre of our work because we know we cannot overcome poverty until everyone has equal rights and opportunities. CARE has been working in Uganda for over 50 years. We aim to reach 2 million people through lifesaving and gender transformative programs for the next five years (2021 to 2025).
CARE International in Uganda has an amazing one-year opportunity for a passionate, highly motivated recent university graduate to work as a Graduate Trainee in Human Resource Management. As a Graduate Trainee, you will be able to develop practical skills by working alongside CARE International employees. As this is a learning opportunity, CARE will contribute a monthly stipend, including medical insurance for the contract period. The Graduate Trainee will undergo coaching and mentoring and be equipped with skills for market readiness and improving their employability.
Therefore, CARE International in Uganda seeks to recruit a highly motivated and qualified professional to fill the above position:
- Develop a personal learning and development plan.
- Initiate regular coaching and mentorship to address learning needs.
- With support from the livelihood staff, maintain an updated list of all groups supported under the livelihood project/ program, disaggregated by sex.
- Participate in collecting lessons learned, best practices, case studies and support knowledge management.
- Capture issues arising from dialogue with communities and beneficiaries, specifically issues affecting women and girls.
- Support livelihood team to map out and profile all key potential input dealers and traders (private sector) in the region.
- Provide support to the Livelihood team in preparing for workshops and training.
- Compile reports for the livelihood program team for use during reporting, donor visits or decision-making on interventions.
- Support interventions that prevent gender-based violence and protect persons affected by the crisis.
- Support the MEAL coordinators in gathering data using the field monitoring tools.
- Identify and document a project to improve CARE project implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, Economics, social sciences, Development studies or related field attained in the last five years.
- Learning Agility, passion for community empowerment, passion for gender equality and women and girls’ rights, good problem-solving skills, critical thinking, ability to put communities and beneficiaries first, team player, good communication skills, multicultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Must be a recent graduate below 30 years, who graduated over the past 1-3 years from a reputable university.
- Post-graduates below 30 years will also be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send an updated CV, Application letter and copy of the transcript, including telephone contact, name and email addresses of 3 (three) referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the email subject: Graduate Trainee – Livelihoods. The deadline for submitting CVs is 1st August 2022. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150.
CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, GENDER-SENSITIVE EMPLOYER; IT’S ALSO CORRUPTION, SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE INTOLERANT.
Please Note that CARE International in Uganda does not ask applicants to pay for recruitment.
Kindly note that effective 1st January 2022, CARE International requires all staff to be fully vaccinated with COVID 19 to access any CARE office premises.