MEAL AdvisorThe deadline for submitting applications is 10th December 2021. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150.
The MEAL Advisor (MA) is responsible for functionality and quality implementation of MEAL function across the Emergency Response program. The MEAL Advisor is responsible for aligning program MEAL frameworks to Country Office Theory of Change and CARE global strategic MEAL frameworks. The MEAL advisor is responsible for establishing, managing, and ensuring effective utilisation of the MEAL system by program staff and partners. This includes developing relevant and feasible MEAL tools and processes, building capacity of staff and partners to use these tools and processes and providing ongoing technical support and accompaniment required for this to happen.
Candidates who are interested in the above job should submit an updated CV and Application letter. Also, please provide a daytime telephone contact and three referees with their work-related email addresses. All information should be sent via CARE’s recruitment email: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating MEAL Advisor in the email subject.
The deadline for submitting applications is 10th December 2021. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150.
CARE INTERNATIONAL HAS ZERO TOLERANCE TO FRAUD, CORRUPTION AND SEXUAL HARRASSEMENT, EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE. BEING FOUND OR PROVEN GUILTY OF PRACTICING SUCH WRONGFUL CONDUCTS WILL LEAD TO DISMISSAL AND POSSIBLE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION UNDER RELEVANT LAWS.
Please Note that CARE International in Uganda does not ask applicants to pay money for recruitment.
N.B: Refer to the job description below for more details about the job.
The MEAL Advisor is responsible for:
- Establishing and Maintaining a robust MEAL System (20%)
- Program Quality and Learning (30%)
- Research, Evaluation and Knowledge Management (20%)
- Team Leadership and Capacity Building for Staff and Partners (10%)
- Contributing to Program Design (10%)
- Promoting Gender Equity, Diversity & Safeguarding Practices (5%)
- Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Development studies, Humanitarian response and any other course relevant to the position.
- Masters or a PDG in Monitoring & Evaluation or relevant field of study from a reputable university is a MUST.
- A Minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience with reputable organisations in similar roles.
- Previous experience working in Emergency context is highly desirable.
- Skills in using quantitative data Analysis software like SPSS or STATA or Excel.
- Experience in gender transformative approaches, including specific experience in working with and empowering women and girls in emergency, conflict or disaster settings.
- Experience in networking and strategic relationships management and engagements.
- Conceptual abilities, strategic thinking and analytical writing skills and knowledge.
- and much more (Download Job sheet to view more)
Click the button below to download the Job Specification Sheet to view more details and to apply.