Advocacy SpecialistThe deadline for submitting applications is 10th December 2021. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150.
As a member of the senior program team of WAYREP, the Advocacy Specialist is responsible for providing technical support and leadership to the project on advocacy. S/he will support and lead CARE and partners in influencing the implementation of relevant international, regional, and national level frameworks to protect women and girls’ socio-economic rights, promote a life free from violence, and have Peace and Security (WPS).
Candidates who are interested in the above job should submit an updated CV and Application letter. Also, please provide a daytime telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work-related referees. All information to be sent via CARE’s recruitment email: email@example.com indicating Advocacy Specialist in the email subject. The deadline for submitting applications is 10th December 2021. For any questions, please call our office on 0312258100/150.
CARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, GENDER-SENSITIVE EMPLOYER; IT’S ALSO CORRUPTION, SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE INTOLERANT. Please Note that CARE International in Uganda does not ask applicants to pay money for recruitment.
N.B.: Refer to the job description below for more details about the job.
The Advocacy Specialist is responsible for:
- Evidence-based advocacy (35%)
- Strengthening of capacities of different stakeholders (25%)
- Networking (15%)
- Communications (5%)
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (10%)
- Promote Gender Equity and Diversity & Safeguarding Practices all the time (5%)
- Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Human rights, or international relations. A post graduate Diploma or Masters in this field is a MUST.
- Practical experience in advancing advocacy initiatives on issues of GBV, displacement, urbanization, refugee rights, and women’s rights.
- Experience in capacity development on advocacy processes and tools.
- Excellent teamwork, networking, communication, and collaboration skills with a wide range of actors, both within the CARE International network, including CARE Austria, the Great Lakes IGS team on GBV, the CARE International Advocacy team and other actors on several deliverables.
- Experience/ knowledge of international development and relevant humanitarian frame works, refugee rights, preferably in Uganda.
- Ability to network, build relationships and establish collaboration with different partners, agencies local and international networks.
- and much more (Download Job sheet to view more )
Click the button below to download the Job Specification Sheet to view more details and to apply.